Function keys are lined along the top of the keyboard labeled F1 through F12
These keys can act as a shortcuts for performing certain functions like saving file, printing, renaming etc..
Here are some tricks that you can use, which would make it more easy for you to work :)
* Almost always used as the help key, almost every program will open the help screen when this key is pressed.
* Windows Key + F1 would open the Microsoft Windows help and support center.
* Open the Task Pane.
* In Windows commonly used to rename a highlighted icon or file.
* Alt + Ctrl + F2 opens a new document in Microsoft Word.
* Ctrl + F2 displays the print preview window in Microsoft Word.
* Often opens a search feature for many programs including Microsoft Windows.
* Shift + F3 will change the text in Microsoft Word from upper to lower case or a capital letter at the beginning of every word.
* Open find window.
* Repeat the last action performed (Word 2000+)
* Alt + F4 will close the program currently active in Microsoft Windows.
* Ctrl + F4 will close the open window within the current active window in Microsoft Windows.
* In all modern Internet browsers pressing F5 will refresh or reload the page or document window.
* Open the find, replace, and go to window in Microsoft Word.
* Starts a slideshow in PowerPoint.
* Move the cursor to the Address bar in Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.
* Ctrl + Shift + F6 opens to another open Microsoft Word document.
* Commonly used to spell check and grammar check a document in Microsoft programs such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, etc.
* Shift + F7 runs a Thesaurus check on the word highlighted.
* Turns on Caret browsing in Mozilla Firefox.
* Function key used to enter the Windows startup menu, commonly use to get into Windows Safe Mode.
* Opens the Measurements toolbar in Quark 5.0.
* In Microsoft Windows activates the menu bar of an open application.
* Shift + F10 is the same as right-clicking on a highlighted icon, file, or Internet link.
* Full-screen mode in all modern Internet browsers.
* Open the Save as window in Microsoft Word.
* Shift + F12 save the Microsoft Word document.
* Ctrl + Shift + F12 prints a document in Microsoft Word.